


For our Self-Portrait project we were to take three self-portraits. They were all to be in black and white, and they were all to capture a mood of some sort. We were also challenged to be as artistic as possible, and stay as far away from normal, cliche portraits that we see on personal pages etc. as possible.One had to use the rule of thirds as the base for the composition; One had to incorporate leading lines, and one had to be taken from a more extreme angle.
During the whole week of photographing our self portraits i found that it was more difficult to actually complete the process of just taking the picture. Not only did one have to creatively think of an idea, but I had to articulate that certain idea to the person taking my picture, who did not always comply with the directions given. Once the picture was taken u had to analyze the picture then take it again if needed. When these steps went smooth the photos came out good, but when things did not go so smoothly the pictures reflected it as well. I think that my rule of thirds pictures was the very best because it was well thought out. I think that I could have done a better job of taking pictures showing my face for the other two pictures because they did not really define what a self portrait is. Overall I think that I could have done better as far as finding creative ways to capture myself in these self portraits.
3 comments:
Your portfolio is excellent. Keep up the good work.
When i first saw this picture i saw the spider right away.I like the fact that it looks like your trying to touch it when you said that you werent even close.Personally i like the picture but if you would of wore a dark shirt it would of not been so light on one side and dark on the other.
I really love the rule of thirs picture! I was suprised when I clicked on it and seen the spider web. It's so intriging
Post a Comment